Re: Questions on External Procedure

From: Shelby Cain <vhorrit_at_n-o-s-p-a-m.hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 01:32:12 GMT

I've seen Oracle 8i java stored procedures accessing Portal's billing engine using its native API. Of course the java permissions needed to be correctly tweaked to allow the code to open TCP/IP sockets to other machines. Since that worked, I would theorize you can do just about anything you want with external stored procedures.

Sorry I can't give you more in depth details.. I wasn't heavily involved with the development of the project...

Regards,

Shelby Cain