Questions on External Procedure

From: <akkha_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 21:58:41 GMT

Hi,

I have done some studies on using external procedure. It seems to be very useful for my purposes. But I have one concern. Is it possible to call an external procedure (C or Java) to access another system. I am referring to a truly distributed system, with Oracle Server running on one machine and may be some other services (file system for example) on another machine. Could external procedure handles the scenario?

Anthony

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 09 2000 - 16:58:41 CDT