Oracle 8i Solaris to Linux Slow Dbassist

From: taz <gcaulton_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 17:33:31 GMT

Hi,

      I installed Oracle 8i on Solaris last night from home on my Red Hat 5.2 linux system. It was quite slow to go from screen to screen using the installer.

      Today I am trying to use dbassist - but it is extremely slow, and basically unusable. While I could use my sql scripts - I was quite keen to use this tool.

       I have an ADSL connection with typical download speeds of 78KB/sec - although upload speeds are typically a lot slower (10-15KB/sec) I did not expect this to be so poor?

       Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing the slow down. Basically I click on a button, e.g. Next for the next page and it takes either many minutes - or hangs indefinitely unable to refresh. The installer was not much better, but did get to the next screen evenutally.

thanks!

Greg Received on Mon Oct 09 2000 - 12:33:31 CDT