Oracle 8.1.6 problems with Redhat 7.0?

From: Jason Pell <Jason.Pell_at_dssonline.com.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 12:21:30 +1000

Anyone have problems installing Oracle 8.1.6 on Redhat 7.0?

I am about to try installing, myself, and I noticed on the Oracle Technet site that
people are having problems with getting the oracle libraries to relink (which apparently
is performed as part of the install!).

Was hoping someone might have successfully installed, and if so, did they have any suggestions
for anything I need to do before hand to ensure success. I have enough problems with getting
the oracle install procedures correct without encountering uncomfirmed/undocumented problems
with the OS itself.

Thanks in advance for any comments, etc

Jason

--
Jason Pell
Senior Analyst/Programmer

"Callista - the brightest solution in university management"

Important Notice: The contents of this email transmission, including attachments, may be privileged and confidential. Any unauthorised use of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please advise the sender by return email or telephone immediately and destroy all versions.