Re: Replication Upgrade 7.3.4 to 8.1.6

From: FreeUK <nick_at_nickhavard.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 21:37:23 +0100

In 7.3.4 the triggers and procedures that were system generated were done in the same way a user could generate triggers and packages which meant that they could be extracted from the data dictionary and modified. One of the system I have to upgrade has an added "when" statement to filter certain records out from replication.

In 8.1.6, both the system generated triggers and procedures are generated internal to the system which means they can't (as far as I know) be modified to re-produce the required functionality.

I need to know if anyone has come across this problem and if so what were the options and issues associated with doing this.

And more generally were there any other issues that arose from upgrading the two versons of Oracle.

Thanks for taking an interest and your help.

Nick Havard.