Re: designer webserver library (wsgl?) problems

From: Verna Legaspi <verna.legaspi_at_attws.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 16:55:26 -0700

I've checked - all the tables being accessed are already owned by bob. Therefore, I cannot grant bob access to his own stuff.

Also... what do you mean "invokers' stuff?" Invoker meaning schema/user who executed the procedure? (In my case, this would be bob)

Just to make sure I explained correctly - the bob schema has all the tables. The wsgl_public schema just has the wsgl packages such as wsgl, wsglm, and wsgjsl. Where it seems to be failing is in this code:

   function QueryHits(

            P_GLOS_CATEGORY1 in varchar2,
            P_GLOS_CATEGORY2 in varchar2,
            P_GLOS_CATEGORY3 in varchar2,
            P_GLOS_OWNER in varchar2) return number is
   begin
      if not BuildSQL(P_GLOS_CATEGORY1,
                      P_GLOS_CATEGORY2,
                      P_GLOS_CATEGORY3,
                      P_GLOS_OWNER) then
         return -1;
      end if;
      return WSGL.CountHits(ZONE_SQL);
   exception
      when others then
         WSGL.DisplayMessage(WSGL.MESS_EXCEPTION, SQLERRM, ''||' : '||'',
                             BODY_ATTRIBUTES,
'GLOSMAIN2$GLOSTRM.QueryHits');
         return -1;

   end;

We get that "-1" instead of an actual hit count.

Skimming through the code - all the tables are owned by bob, so it can't be a no SELECT priv issue, can it?

Sorry for throwing all that code at you. I'm just not good enough of a debugger to narrow it down further. Received on Mon Oct 09 2000 - 18:55:26 CDT