Re: What should be my semaphore parameter

From: <froliol_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 15:23:59 GMT

Greetings, if you have a metalink account I would suggest that you log in and go to /technical libraries/install manuals and download the *.pdf for this version of Oracle. If you don't have access to metalink please shoot me an email and I will send the document to you via email.

Regards, Louis
frolio_at_videoshare.com

In article <8rrj9u$7jn$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   pramd_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Continuing my question again, what if the processes were less in
> number. How do I then assign the semmni and semmsl?? Should semmsl be
> as large as possible.??
>
> Regards
> Pramod
>
> In article <970925791.8847.1.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl>,
> "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:
> > Whatever the capacity of the Unix box is, I think it will simply
 collapse
> > under the load, and the same is going to apply to Oracle.
> > Is this a webserver?
> > Just a few remarks:
> > - You definitely need to setup the Multi-threaded server in Oracle
> > - Oracle 7.3.4 is going to be desupported in a few months
> > If this is a webserver you should better upgrade to Oracle 8i
 Enterprise
> > edition which comes with special facilities for such huge number of
> > connections, like connection manager, and connection pooling.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
> >
> > <pramd_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8rn339
 $20u$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> > > HI,
> > > I need to setup a database server. During peak load the Number
 of
> > > Oracle processes expected is around 40,000. The Oracle version is
> > > 7.3.4 on Solaris 2.6. I have a server with 12 CPUs and 9GB RAM.
 Can
> > > someone please tell me what my semmni and semmsl parameters should
 be.
> > > Should I have less semaphore sets and more semaphore/set or vice-
 versa.
> > > For such huge number of processes what is the maximum
 semaphores/set
> > > (semmsl) can I give.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > > Regards
> > > Pramod
> > >

> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 09 2000 - 10:23:59 CDT