Re: designer webserver library (wsgl?) problems

From: Verna Legaspi <vlegaspi_at_uswest.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 14:35:27 -0700

Thank you so much for the reply... However, I have a couple questions:

What did you mean about "grants need to be made to the user(s) directly?" Granting execute on the package to public is not enough? Or are you saying granting select on tables need to be made directly?

I *think* I have both covered. I've granted execute on all four packages in the wsgl_public schema to the bob schema (in addition to the public grants). I'm 98% sure the bob schema owns any tables wsgl_public is accessing. (I'll check when I'm in the office tomorrow.) I've even granted SELECT ANY TABLE and DBA privs to bob.

FYI - The procedure that's failing (if you're familiar with old Designer's webserver stuff) is wsgl.counthits. I believe this basically adds a COUNT(*) from a query.

Thanks again. Any enlightment would be much appreciated.

Verna

However, I have a question about
"frank" <fbortel_at_home.nl> wrote in message news:39E04833.609732D8_at_home.nl...
> Inline...
>
> Verna Legaspi wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm having a problem trying to get a designer webserver generated
> > application to work with my newly organized tablespace/schema design.
 Since