Pls Help: Oracle 8.1.6 & Linux Install

From: Richard Martes <rmartes_at_usa.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 19:44:05 -0700

I am currently using Linux Mandrake 7.1 and want to install Oracle Enterprise Edition 8.1.6. I have successfully done the following: Created the sysdba, sysoper and oinstall groups, created the Oracle user and created the directory for the Oracle inventory.

However, I am having problems setting the environment for the Oracle user account. I cannot find the Oracle account's login file to edit. In reading, I was told to open the $HOME/.bash_profile file.

Please help me locate file in order to use the vi editor to set the environment variable. Thanks so much. Received on Sun Oct 08 2000 - 21:44:05 CDT