The extent size of sort segment

From: Chuan Zhang <chuan_at_asiaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 14:26:14 +1000

Dear all,

  Could anyone tell me how Oracle set up the sort segment extent size? It follows the extent size of temporary tablespace?

Because I found that on one of our DB, the extent size from v$sort_segment is 64 ( I assume it 64K) and the extent size for temporary tablespace is 256k(Oracle version is 8.1.5 on Solaris). On another DB, the extent size is 128 and the extent size for temporary tablespace is 256k(Oracle version is 8.0.6 on Solaris).

By the way, how many sort segments for one DB? As my monitoring, there is always one sort segment.

ANy idea, thanks,
Thanks Received on Sun Oct 08 2000 - 23:26:14 CDT