Re: delete without transaction?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 10:19:01 +0100

BLOBs themselves are not written to rollback on delete, but there will be an update to the lob index which is protected by rollback and redo. Since a lob index entry identies only a few lob chunks, it may be that your lobindex contains a LOT of entries for your huge LOB.

What is your CHUNKSIZE ? Perhaps you need to recreate the LOB with a much large chunksize.

--

Jonathan Lewis