Re: what is the dafault percent value of the buffer cache in the SGA.?

From: David Pomphrey <High.Flight_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 02:39:42 +0100

This is a meaningless question - the size of the SGA depends largely on the size of the buffer cache. Indeed, the only thing that is separately defined is the shared pool size.

A better question would be

"What percentage of system RAM should be given over to the SGA for a busy online transaction processing system?"

David Pomphrey OCP MCP B.Tech.