Oracle Startup on Solaris 8 (newbie)

From: <mobassharahmed_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 02:11:15 GMT

Hi all,

I have installed Oracle 8i (8.1.6.0.0) on Solaris 8 but am having difficuly starting oracle.

I have oracle installed in /home/oracle

ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/OraHome1
ORACLE_SID=global

however by database is in /db/oracle on a seperate RAID volume.

All files have permission of oracle:dba (where dba is the group).

When I start dbstart it tells me that Oracle has warm started. I can start the listener ok. However I cant find any reference to oracle when I do a ps -ef. Listener is there though. And TNSping works OK.

However when I start sqlplus with system/manager I get

ERROR:
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

What am I missing? And where is the refernce to /db/oracle stored?

Rgds

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Oct 07 2000 - 21:11:15 CDT