Raw or cooked files

From: <gorgos_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2000 21:31:15 GMT

Hi,
I'm after a little advice. My comapny is moving Oracle 8i to a AIX and I need to know whether it's best to use raw or cooked files. I know that raw files have 15-20% better performance, but my main concern is over the backing up of data. There is a good chance of moving to 24*7.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Oct 07 2000 - 16:31:15 CDT