Re: Error on Connect Using Developer

From: Dogan Cibiceli <dogan_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2000 23:55:12 GMT

This will be a long day but here's the scoop go find your tnsnames.ora  assuming you have got only one version of oracle installed)... your database sid is probably listed there ... look for something that says host = localhost or host = 127.0.0.1 and then use the string at the beginning of this as your host string...
or similary fire up net8 connection and create a tnsnames entry yourself....

tnsnames.ora usually lives under $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin