Re: Database Cloning

From: Juhan Kundla <juhan_at_ensib.NICHT-SPAM.ee>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 17:39:01 +0200

I seriously doubt, that this is the standard procedure to clone a database. This may work, when you use *exactly* the same versions of operating system and db-engine, but I wouldn't recommend it. Why on Earth are you not using the exp and imp utilities? It is quite obvious, that Oracle data files have different structure on different OS platfoms and there is no chance to get your db up on HP that easily.

HTH,
Juhan

--
|NB! Please remove|