ROWID Query

From: <mark.ragan_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 22:33:51 GMT

Can anyone clarify the allocation & usage of ROWID's;

I have a program which runs frequently and creates in excess of 100,000 records, which I may wish to delete later. There is no unique way of identifying these records, and the table is extremely large so creating an identifying column would take up a lot of wasted space. I know that there are lots of ways of achieving whay I want but would the following idea work???

If I know the ROWID of the FIRST record created, and the ROWID of the last ROWID created, am I safe to use the following delete command, or do I risk ROWID's being reused if some of these records have already been deleted?

delete from XXXX where ROWID >= FIRST and ROWID <= LAST;

TIA Mark Received on Fri Oct 06 2000 - 17:33:51 CDT