Re: hosts.allow in net8/sqlnet

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 16:23:46 GMT

yeah.. I found out later on.
It's surprising how all oracle documentation sucks. I couldn't find anything in any books about this under 'security' chapters, but I knew it could be done. Luckily i remembered that it had something to do with protocol.ora, but no book states where the hell the file should be. I tried placing it in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin
and
/var/opt/oracle
but nothing worked. It turned out that protocol.ora had to be named protocol.ora in 8i.
Not only that, but all 400 ips had to be one one line, which vi couldn't handle. (perl rulz).