Re: Discovering Possible Deadlock...?

From: Yong Huang <yhuang_at_indigopool.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 16:11:55 -0500

v$lock does not report library cache locks. Run catblock.sql and look at dba_lock and dba_lock_internal. v$session_wait should help in general sense.

If you get deadlocks, you'll get udump trace files that tell you so. Suppose you get ORA-4020, do this (from Steve Adams):

alter session set events '4020 trace name processstate forever, level 10';

and next time you get a deadlock, you'll get a deadlock "graph". I have a very basic, short article on this at
http://www.stormloader.com/yonghuang/computer/deadlocks.txt

Yong Huang
yhuang_at_indigopool.com