Re: Working with the Control Files

From: Reinier <Reinier_Dickhout_at_hetnet.nl>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 10:55:56 +0200

I'm not totally sure on this one, but if you could copy it then definitly not when the database is up and running. If you change the location of the control-file you have to change the initSID.ora since there's where the location of your control-files is described. The control-file itself, contains among other things the location of database- and redolog files, so you don't want to move these without altering your control files the right way (which is the ORACLE-ALTER way)

Hope this answers your question.

Reinier.