Re: Replication

From: nomenclature <nom_at_tonal.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 15:33:54 +0100

Jeff Smelser wrote:

> All,
>
> I am having a problem with replication. Here is what happens..
>
> I have webdb_mg all set up with some tables. I can run it all day and
> changes have been made. Nothing moves anywhere. I check dba_repconflict
> and nothing.. So, I decided to suspend activity and see about maybe
> re-adding everything to see if that worked. BUT, all the changes I made
> are now there. The suspend forces a replication..
>
> I can't figure this one out. Why won't it replicate?
>
> Dbms_job works. I have a another gname running 24/7 that works just fine.
> It replicates.
>
> What little step I miss?

Could be the queues contain errs.
Check for and deal with errs on
both dbs - what is the job scheduler
interval maybe it's a very large number?

What version of Oracle? Are all
required objects valid? Did the
status ever become normal when the
replication was first set-up? If so
what happened when you did a test
insert? Received on Tue Oct 03 2000 - 09:33:54 CDT