Re: Backup & Recovery Procedures

From: <bill_buchan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 11:22:58 GMT

On a similar thread....

I've recently started working at a development site. The last place I worked I was used to backing up live databases (running in archive log mode, backing up everything in sight! to disk and to tape). We had plenty of resources to do this and plenty spare hardware.

Now I don't have any live data and any changes to database objects are done through SQL scripts held in change control (and backed up separately).

So now I occassionally do full exports to tape (to keep a copy of test data and allow for a quicker restoration of the database in case of failure) and back up parameter files. I am much more constrained in terms of off-line storage and spare hardware (single server, a few tapes, disks pretty full!).

But I feel a bit "naked" after the back-up frenzy of live data; is there any other factors that I should consider for a purely development site?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 03 2000 - 06:22:58 CDT