Job scheduling problem

From: W.F. Weterings <weterings_at_schiphol.nl>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 08:39:09 +0200

Hello, I have a problem with a job that has to run every day at the same time.

The problem occurs when the job is stared later then scheduled because the database was down during the scheduled time then oracle immediately start the job and because of the sysdate+1 in the interval field the next run date shifts from the intended time to the current time.

I made procedure that fixes this but the problem is that if you set the job scheduled time from within a running job whit this procedure then oracle set the next_date and next_sec fields when then job finishes and so canceling out the correction.

Is there a workaround for this. I prefer not to use special grants to the user. I thought of using a second job that set the first job.

A help much appreciated.

Please respond to E-mail

Weterings_at_schiphol.nl

Regards,
Wil. Received on Tue Oct 03 2000 - 01:39:09 CDT