Re: graphical tools on solaris

From: Sambavan <sambavan_at_mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 18:41:30 GMT

The GUI glue is available on solaris. But the question is that whether your folks had created a repository for OEM. It requires the password and if your folks had installed it on another machine you can connect to it using the same username and password to that machine. The default password if I'm correct is sysman/oem_temp

Way to invoke the application:
 oemctrl console&

To check the whether the oracle management server is up try one of the followings:

oemctrl start oms
oemctrl status oms
oemctrl stop oms

If you want the nodes to be discoverd, then make sure that you have the dbsnmp running. If not do one of the appropriate ones

lsnrctl dbsnmp_start
lsnrctl dbsnmp_status
lsnrctl dbsnmp_stop

If you encounter any problem drop me a mail, sambavan_at_alumni.utexas.net

Good luck
Sam
In article <8r8rd0$lr5$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   orauser_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Are oracle's database management pack utilities (dba studio, etc)
> available on solaris?
>
> If so, can someone tell me the path to access these?
>
> thanks!
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 03 2000 - 13:41:30 CDT