Re: oraenv and cron

From: Joseph T <jthvedt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 15:54:31 GMT

In article <39D9CBB7.579822CC_at_tonal.net>,   nomenclature <nom_at_tonal.net> wrote:
[edit]
> > Neither in my .profile nor in my shell script
> > is there anything to do with Oracle environmental stuff before or after
> > orenv.
>
> Don't you define $ORACLE_HOME before oraenv in the .profile ?

Nope. oraenv sets $ORACLE_HOME based on $ORACLE_SID. This allows for multiple ORACLE_HOMEs -- for example, I have both 8.0.5 & 8.1.6 installed.

It was a slight exaggeration to say there isn't _anything_ before oraenv. I do set $ORAENV_ASK & $ORACLE_SID, which are required by oraenv if it's to be non-interactive. And yes, there's _something_ else in .profile that's required, as "oratune" and others pointed out. I just don't know what it is.

> If not then I'm confused too.

[edit]

--
Joseph Thvedt