Re: q: length of long data type column

From: bonminh lam <mailbox_at_online.de>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 17:35:31 +0200

Azad Bulla schrieb:

> try
> length(col_name)

Not quite, the test below blew up (column QUERY is of type LONG):

SQL> select length(query) from user_snapshots; select length(query) from user_snapshots

              *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes

I would like to know the answer, too.

--
To reply to me via email, please substitute the text no_spam with
mailbox in the return address.