Re: Connect Internal

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 18:55:34 GMT

One of your problems could be that the service can not find the password file. I'm assuming that you moved the password file as well. The other problem is that you used the incorrect procedure to move datafiles. To move the data files:

  1. shutdown the database
  2. move the datafiles with OS commands
  3. modify the INIT.ORA to point to the moved CTL files if necessary
  4. From the DOS prompt, start server manager ("svrmgr23" most likely if you are using Oracle 7)
  5. Issue STARTUP MOUNT command
  6. From the prompt, rename each datafile with the ALTER DATABASE RENAME FILE 'old file name' TO 'new file name';

HTH,
Brian

sean wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have Oracle7 installed on my WindowsNT4 on drive D, and my working
> database on drive E. Now, I have also restored my client database folder on
> drive F. In order to browse the database in drive F, I have done some
> manipulation on E:\database\initXXXX.ora to refer to the restored
> F:\database\ctrl1YYYY.ora and ctrl2YYYY.ora
>
> After I stop and start the OracleServiceXXX, and tried CONNECT INTERNAL from
> svrmgr23... But I got message "insufficient privilege..." or "SGA not
> error"...
>
> I need connect internal in order to "alter database rename..." please
> advice
> Thanks
> Sean

Brian Peasland