Re: Recovery From Hot Backup

From: Sambavan <sambavan_at_mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 18:48:32 GMT

You fail to notice one major thing, i.e. your system should be in archive mode. On that case you first apply your last full backup then your incremental/cummulative backups, then you start applying your archive log files to the point of failure. This is an overall recovery strategy for an archive mode operation. If your system is not in an archive mode than at the point of failure you could only recover till the last backup and not beyond that.

I hope that this would explain things.

Regards,
Sam
In article <8rd8or$6ih$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   perfect_golf_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Scenario: I do a hot backup every night which includes backing up all
> tablespaces, control files, archive log files & parameter file. The
> redo log files are not backed up. This is based on Oracles backup/
> recovery documentation.
>
> Question: If I loss all the online redo log file(s), how do I recover
> these file(s)???
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 03 2000 - 13:48:32 CDT