NLS - double and single byte together in Oracle

From: root <balajee_at_mercury.anony.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 23:28:40 +0800

Hi,

We are using Oracle database for one of our web apps. We want to display

data in
double byte character set languages in the Asian region. We are told that within Japanese there are different sets - one being single byte (Hankaku kana )and the
other being double byte. We have set the DB setting to UTF8, but looks like
this does not support single and double bytes simultaneously. Can some one
suggest a setting that would help us support both double and single byte

char
sets in Asian region. The data gets displayed on a webbrowser which then

interprets the font based on type.

Thanks,
Balajee Shrikanth Received on Mon Oct 02 2000 - 10:28:40 CDT