Database Links error ora-02085 still doesn't work for me

From: <howie_wang_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 18:05:45 GMT

Hi,

I've been getting an ora-02085 error when trying to select from a database link with a name different than the db's global name. In the past, I've been able to get this to work by setting global_names = false in my init.ora, and bouncing the server. For some reason this doesn't seem to be working for me. I still get the error. I've verified in Instance Manager that the initialization parameter global_names is indeed set to false. I've tried just issuing an 'alter system set global_names = false' and recreating the link. But I still can't get it to work. The only thing that works is changing the db link to use the global name, and I'm not sure that I can use that option.

Does anyone have any idea what else could be wrong? I'm on 8.1.6 on Solaris, by the way.

Howie

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 02 2000 - 13:05:45 CDT