Re: 816 won't install on Solaris (clntsh)

From: <howie_wang_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 18:13:12 GMT

In article <39d8c757$0$147$736b3e2_at_news2.twtelecom.net>,   "Mike Warne" <mwarne_at_pixc.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I just posted a problem with linking during an install of 8i on
 Solaris.
> ld complains that it can't find the clntsh library file.
>
> I just discovered that the file libclntsh.so is a symbolic link to
> libclntsh.so.1.0 .
> I can't find that file anywhere.
>
> Any ideas why?

I think that file is supposed to be generated during the installation process. I'm not sure why it got skipped for you. You can try generating it yourself by running $ORACLE_HOME/bin/genclntsh, then relinking.

HTH
Howie

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 02 2000 - 13:13:12 CDT