Re: PeopleSoft handling of special characters on Oracle????

From: Martin Haltmayer <Martin.Haltmayer_at_0800-einwahl.de>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 07:37:15 +0200

Rubbish. Of course Oracle can support these characters as they belong to the USASCII7 character codeset.

What exactly do you mean by "support"? Do you mean that these characters are represented for instance as German umlauts? A lot of hereditary systems do this, e. g. [ => uppercase umlaut A, \ => uppercase umlaut O, ] => uppercase umlaut U, { => lowercase umlaut a, | => lowercase umlaut o, } => lowercase umlaut u, ~ => sharp s.

Martin