Re: Mixed Case names in 8.1.6 via ODBCC

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 16:59:47 +1000

Well, I've just a transfer from Access to 8.16 via ODBC, and the usual rules applied:

select * from Table; -failed miserably... no such object exists select * from 'Table' -worked fine.

And then I remembered I'd be a looney to do this for the rest of my life, and changed the Access source so that all its tables and fieldnames were in uppercase to start with. Makes life much simpler.

But: the answer to your question? No, Oracle hasn't de-supported it in 8.1.6, 'cos it worked just fine for me.

Regards
HJR
-

Opinions expressed are my own, and not those of Oracle Corporation Oracle DBA Resources: http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000