Re: cannot find library libclntsh.so.8.0

From: Kevin Brand <kevin.brandx_at_tel.gte.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 16:31:28 -0500

I'm not really sure, but can't you statically link this library?

Have you made sure that the other users executing the code have their LIBPATH set properly?

In some cases, with setuid programs, the various flavours of LIBPATH are ignored for security purposes when the uid of the executing user is not the owner ( regardless of the euid ). If this is your problem, you may need to do a static link, or figure out how to allow other users to execute the thing without the setuid bit set.

-Kevin