Re: Gonig from NT4 to Unix platform +Oracle 7.3.3 to 8.1.6

From: Michael Cooke <mick_at_cook161.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 20:02:17 +0100

Thanks for the advice. I am currently awaiting Unix training and receipt of Oracle for the Unix box [I believe Sun server has been specified] . Another thing that also occurs to me is, The Oracle database is to be located on the Unix box and the rest of the system consists on NT4 server/workstations and windows 95 and 98 clients running TCP/IP will there be any problems in this area that I need to be aware of. My own feelings are to keep everything NT/Windows based.

Thanks againg for any help/advice
Mick