Re: Storage (tablespace) questions

From: Mike DiChiappari <mike_at_mysticsoft.com>
Date: 01 Oct 2000 12:56:22 GMT

"Dave A" <dave_and_vanna_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:stc4heq3qmpv52_at_corp.supernews.com...
> I'm not sure I understand the problem. If I assume that the first (and
> only) datafile was full, then your first and second methods wouldn't help.
> The third option should have worked unless you increased the datafile size
> at the OS level and not the database level. Did you give the command to
> resize the datafile from within Oracle? The fourth option would work
> because adding an additional file to the tablespace(within Oracle) would
> have caused Oracle to realize there was more space available.
>
> --
> Dave A

I thought the third option should have worked (increasing the data file size) - especially AFTER having done the first two. I assumed that increasing the maxextents of the table and tablespace didn't work because the datafile was full.

I was surprised that increasing the data file size didn't work. I did increase the file size at the database level.

Mike Received on Sun Oct 01 2000 - 07:56:22 CDT