Re: deleted objects; no auditing

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 16:50:17 +1000

If you have 8i, you can use Log Miner to analyse redo logs for deletes on the UET$ table (used extents, assuming dictionary managed tablespaces). Log Miner can be applied to redo logs from Oracle 8.0.x -but if you've only got version 7, forget it.

The v$logmnr_contents view that you get when analysing logs will show you the User that did the object drops, too. Which is handy when it comes time to fling recriminations around!

Regards
HJR

Opinions expressed are my own, and not those of Oracle Corporation
Oracle DBA Resources:               http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000