newbie - Initial install error

From: Denis L. Menezes <menezesd_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 23:33:30 +0800

Hello friends.

I downloaded a trial version of oracle 8i for win 98 Personal edition and installed it on a PIII 550Mhz win98 machine with 128 RAM. After the initial installation, when I go to the Start - programs -Orahome81 - Database administration - Start database, I get the attached error.

If I click "ok" to the error, it asks for the password.

Please advise :
1. How to solve the attached error?
2. What is the password?

Thanks in advance
denis Received on Sat Sep 30 2000 - 10:33:30 CDT