Re: Oracle Newbie needs mail function

From: Don Berryman <don.berryman_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 16:01:17 GMT

If you're on UNIX and know Pro*C you could set a DBMS_PIPE between the database and the C program, which could then send the email. That's pretty complicated but gives you instaneous responce.

If you can live with a bit of delay, just write the email message to an EMAIL_QUEUE table, then create a unix script to run SQLPLUS to extract the message and send it, lastly have cron run the script every 5 minutes.

--
Don Berryman
1188 Clovelly Terrace