Re: Backup & Recovery Procedures

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 13:08:16 +0200

I don't think Milosevic already has nuclear weapons. Saddam Hussein may have some.
As for the 'old' enemies, we have to fear more of rusty submarines I am afraid.
Personally, I am working for a consultancy firm. My experience is customers just simply trust their backups and *never* test them. I'm not joking. There are some major companies among them. Remember that Dutch company that wanted to merge with British Airways? The Development department didn't even have a backup when I worked there.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA