Re: Backup & Recovery Procedures

From: Horvath Andras <raas_at_balu.sch.bme.hu>
Date: 29 Sep 2000 09:12:48 GMT

Backup. Well.

Then, create a copy of your databases :-) and simulate disaster.

What can you lose?

Think this is all of 'em. PUT DOWN what to do in which case. Try and go through all so that when it comes to real disaster time and the whole management is banging your head you don't have to think much but do things as written.

UPDATE the BCP regularly as your system changes.

Another two questions are:

I'm preparing this plan right now for my new employer:) and would be glad if the more experienced out there in this newsgroup commented the above.

Regards
raas

--
 "With enough free time, effort, and an input string that looks like the
  winning entry in last year's obfuscated-C contest, you can turn