Re: max size tablespace and datafiles

From: Steitz Adolf <adolf.steitz_at_also.de>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:50:03 +0200

Hi,

there is no problem to have a tablespace of over 10 GB. Also i know an installation with a datafile size of 30 GB.

But, I tried to create a datafile with 15 GB (Oracle 8.0.5 on NT) and it failed.
Oracle Hotline told me, with 8.0.5 there are problems to create such a big datafile.
With your version, it should work.

But, Oracle recommend a maximum size of 4 GB for datafiles. In case of failure the recovery is faster.

Now, i have a tablespace with 14 GB and 4 * 4GB datafiles. And there are also BLOBS stored.

Adolf

Reinier <Reinier_Dickhout_at_hetnet.nl> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: uoWEg9fKAHA.100_at_net003s...