max size tablespace and datafiles

From: Reinier <Reinier_Dickhout_at_hetnet.nl>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 12:19:41 +0200

Hello,

I've browsed through the 8.1.5 server documentation but couldn't find the info I needed...
We're running a 8.1.5 database on WindowsNT . I think I read somewhere that the maximum size of datafiles is 2 GB. Could someone verify that, and maybe direct me to some documentation on that subject? Also could anyone tell me about any size-limitations on tablespaces, will there be a problem with a tablespace of over 10 GB if it has multiple (2GB sized) datafiles? Is there a maximum?
One more thing, we want to store blobs, does that have any consequences at all?

TIA, Reinier. Received on Fri Sep 29 2000 - 05:19:41 CDT