Re: No more request

From: Dave Wotton <Dave.Wotton_at_dwotton.nospam.clara.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 22:12:51 +0100

Franck HUGOT wrote in message ...
>I have trouble with Oracle 8i (on Linux Red Hat 5.1).
>
>I have a program (written in java) that use Jdbc to access Oracle.
>I have a function that process several request........that update several
>tables (in a transaction)
>But sometimes oracle database doesn't respond and then no more request are
>possible on this table,
>even with sqlplus or other programs....

This is rather a vague specification of your problem, but the usual cause of Oracle not responding after performing an insert or update is that you're running in ARCHIVELOG mode and something is preventing your redo logs from being archived - eg. either ARCH is not running or your archive logs destination directory is full. This prevents the log files from switching, and Oracle just hangs until you resolve the problem; either by switching ARCHIVELOG mode off, or by starting the ARCH process, or by deleting archived logs from the destination directory. Your alert log file should give a hint.

Just a wild guess.

HTH, Dave.
Dave.

--
If you reply to this posting by email, remove the "nospam" from my email
address first.