Re: Partial export of a database ???

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 12:37:03 +1000

You can find instructions on cloning databases on my web site (at the backup and recovery page).

The short answer to your actual question is 'not really'.

The longer answer might be to arrange for the big tables to be in their own tablespace (which probably should already be the case), and clone a subset of the database, following the instructions mentioned earlier... in other words, you don't copy across all the datafiles. You then simply sit at the clone in mount stage doing 'offline drop' against the non-cloned datafiles, open what's left of the clone database, and drop the tablespaces that relate to those datafiles.

Just a thought,
HJR

Opinions expressed are my own, and not those of Oracle Corporation
Oracle DBA Resources:               http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000