JDBC BLOB locking question?

From: <myarch5_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 21:41:22 GMT

i am using blob with jdbc and i've gotten it to work, but my question is with locking....i'm wondering if i'll have a syncronization issue since it's not one nice and easy "update" transaction with a blob...here's my general code

table miketable (
userid varchar2(10),
timestamp date,
iodata blob;

rslt=stmt.executeQuery("SELECT iodata FROM miketable WHERE userid=100"); rslt.next();
inBlob = ((OracleResultSet)rslt).getBLOB(1); inStream = inBlob.getBinaryStream();

executeUpdate("UPDATE miketable set timestamp = sysdate"); rslt=stmt.executeQuery("SELECT iodata FROM miketble WHERE userid =100"); rslt.next();
outBlob = ((OracleResultSet)rslt).getBLOB(1); outStream = outBlob.getBinaryOutputStream();

-write blob to database

I'm concerned that "updating" a blob is not just a nice an easy one step transaction....so, inbetween, i'm wondering if another db process could update the record??? i call a second time for the blob handle (after the update) just incase if the handle has been chaned from the update....i'm not sure if i really need to do this....but i still have the multi-step transaction issue.

mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Sep 29 2000 - 16:41:22 CDT