Re: Oracle Personal Edition

From: Jay M. Scheiner <jxs_at_wolpoff_nospam_law.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:04:51 GMT

Are you logging in the a userid, password & database ID, or just the 1st 2?

Also, you can get free tech info @ technet.oracle.com, you have to register but its free.

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000 21:03:22 -0700, Paul Cataldo <paul_at_bounceandbounce.com> wrote:

>Hello
>
>I am a student learning Oracle.
>
>I am trying to install the Personal Edition on my Windows 98SE computer
>to do my labs.
>

>After the installation I try to log into SQL Plus but get an error
>trying to start the database.
>
>"Can not open registry
>software\oracle\home0\id_list
>starting with default sid"
>
>Then I am prompted for another password and cannot log in.
>
>Can someone please help me with this. Oracle does not seem to have a
>free knowledge base for searching.
>
>Thanks
>Paul Cataldo

Jay M. Scheiner
Programmer/Analyst
Wolpoff & Abramson, LLP
remove _nospm_ from email address
Opinions are my own only! Received on Fri Sep 29 2000 - 11:04:51 CDT