Re: Recovery Manager Question

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 19:54:28 GMT

Oracle is EXTREMELY unclear about this and you can get quite a variety of answers from tech support. But the short answer is the files are going to go where the target database is sitting and not where RMAN's database lives. I guess the idea is that you'll be storing your backups on tape, not disk, and the tape drives will be attached to the target server. But if this is in the documentation anywhere, I couldn't find it.

Van