lowering memory demands

From: Dolommite <dolommite_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 04:24:35 GMT

I started my initial DB on my Sol8 machine, and got the following msgs * (8i):

SVRMGR>
ORACLE instance started.
Total System Global Area                        211660708 bytes
Fixed Size                                          94116 bytes
Variable Size                                    79740928 bytes
Database Buffers                                131645440 bytes
Redo Buffers                                       180224 bytes
Database mounted.
Database opened.

I've only got .5gb in this machine, now it's about gone already. Any type of access to the db and it starts paging. How can I lower this? I know this is a pretty academic q for most of you - so my apologies in advance.

Greg Received on Thu Sep 28 2000 - 23:24:35 CDT