Re: Oracle Newbie needs mail function

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 01:27:29 +0200

"Thorsten Herrmann" <herrmann.thorsten_at_lycosmail.com> wrote in message news:8qrsek$mi4$1_at_news.online.de...
> Hi!
>
> I have the task to produce an email triggered by the database, but there
 is
> no mail client on the database server running. Does Oracle (8.0.4) have
 any
> build in functions? Any other ideas (except installing an email-client
> 'cause the admin won't allow it)?
>
> Hope to reading from you!
>
> Thorsten

Could you please refrain posting this to all Oracle newsgroups? Oracle 8.0.4 (on which platform?) doesn't have any mail functions, and BTW has been desupported by Oracle. You'll need to upgrade to 8.0.6. If your admin doesn't allow you to install an e-mail client (assuming you are using NT), you are stuck. You could however try to use the Oracle external procedure facility to call a dll with mapi calls. Your best bet is to search for the mapi32.dll, IIRC it comes with NT.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Thu Sep 28 2000 - 18:27:29 CDT